M’lup Russey is seeking a qualified Cambodian national to fill in the following position:
Care Leaver Coordinator – Based in Battambong MRO Office. Full time (For 10 months)
Summary of position:
The Care Leaver Coordinator will be a full-time position, responsible for taking responsibility all care leaver related activities are executed in a timely fashion according to the proposal documents and M’lup Russey policies. The Care Leaver Coordinator work closely with sector manager, in order to support counselling to Care Leaver and Youths who have already reintegrated back into communities, in related areas to M’lup Russey sectors as requested and provide them with opportunities for practicing their rights to participation, development, survival and protection.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate Careleaver and youth peer group in community exchange experience and perspective with each other.
- Accessing and Providing vocational training plus materials need to Careleaver
- Cooperate with NGO partners or Sector link for reintegrated children are supported to join the Careleaver Support Network.
- Facilitate Careleaver work experience.
- Support Network in regular small meetings
- Support Careleaver big group meetings
- Identify training needs within Support Network members
- Offer, coordinate, and facilitate appropriate training in such subjects as Life Skills/ Soft Skills
- Link youth in transition with network with other youth
- Help Coaching and Mentoring Careleavers to have initiative for working opportunities.
- Support Careleaver basic counselling or refer to other NGOs if in crisis
- Help to follow up a Facebook group for careleavers regularly.
- With the youth club coordinator, set up linkages between Careleaver Network groups and Youth Clubs in residential care centers and exchange reintegration experience life after Residential Care Centre to Community
- Help to cooperate with Local Authority for making Careleaver’s ID Card
- Facilitate and follow up action plans produced by the Support Network in advocacy
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of the Youth Network using participatory methods
- Plan and implement follow-up, monitoring and evaluation procedures using participatory methods
- Help organize and facilitate M’lup Russey facilities research
- Produce monthly, quarterly and reflection data collection reports
- Work closely with other M’lup Russey Coordinators and Support Workers
- Support M’lup Russey Youth Network Support Sector manager
- Attend Child Welfare Group and other meetings when necessary
- Represent M’lup Russey at meetings
- Attend team meetings and play an active role in team life Qualifications:
Qualifications and requirements:
- At least Bachelor Degree in Management skill, Social work Skill and similar degree
- Experience working as facilitating/ Coordinating skill
- Experience working to envisioning job opportunity for youth /Mentoring Skill
- Excellent computer spreadsheet and database word processing skills
- Excellent working relationship with youth based NGOs, and understanding of alternative care policies
- Extensive experience in youth work At least 5 years’ experience in working with youth field
- Influent English skills
- Computer spreadsheet and database word processing skills
- Experience in small group facilitation and participatory methods
- Excellent understanding of alternative care issues
- Current driver’s license, or the ability and willingness to learn to drive
- Willing to travel and stay for short periods outside Phnom Penh
- Excellent team worker
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent character supported by a good reputation and at least two references
- Ability and willingness to follow and apply M’lup Russey’s Christian values.
The Care Leaver Coordinator will take responsibility for organising their own daily schedule, and implementing the tasks in their job description, respecting the annual work plan and working very closely with all the other sector team members. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the work of whole Sector, and coordinating the Youth Support Network.
This position is for a Cambodian National, contracted on an annual basis subject to probation and annual appraisals. Salaries will follow the M’lup Russey salary structure, and terms of employment are stated clearly in the M’lup Russey Local Staff Employment Manual.
M’lup Russey rents an office building. The Care Leaver Coordinator will have a work space in a room with the Youth Support Sector team. Team dynamics are friendly and supportive, and Khmer is used almost exclusively as the language of day to day communication.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send a full written application with contact information, no later than 24th Feb 2021 to: M’lup Russey Office, #4F&5F Phoum Thnort Chrum, Sangkat Beong Tumpun, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Office phone: (855) 078 222 660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms are available at our website www.mluprussey.org
Only short listed candidates will be notified. A CV will not be accepted as an application form.
Please Notice: only candidate fill out M’lup Russey Application Form is accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to fully comply with the national staff policy manual, as well as our child protection policy. M’lup Russey is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply!